Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Best Choice

Lisa Jo Baker invites us all to write for 5 minutes (as a way of letting go of perfection) each Friday. We all write about one word...Today's word is CHOOSE. Welcome to 5 Minute Friday found here.



IN the moment. That is what I call this child of mine...my IN THE MOMENT child.



I can't worry about yesterdays...surgeries and appointments; medicines and diagnoses; limitations and hopes.

I can't worry about tomorrow. It is not guaranteed. She may never talk. She may never do so very many things.

But if I choose to focus on that, I miss the moment that is right here.




She is love embodied. She is joy, and she is fiest, and she is a gift. Each moment I choose to see, is a moment I am thankful for.

Before my precious little peanut came into my life I was always spinning from one situation to the next, my mind was always, always, always whirling. But parenting a child with special needs changes all that because no matter how hard I try, I can not control the pace of her life.



Unless I want her to pay a high price...sacrificing all the wonder and possibility that she may discover in her own moments in her own time.

And that is something I will choose not to do.

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMF. I love what you choose. My oldest has medical needs, and it is a challenge!!! But when we choose to focus on today, its brilliant. We can just take one moment at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brand new at this FMF thing, but I may love it! It is good for us, isn't it>

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing! You nailed it. I believe one of the greatest choices is to choose now. Choose to live in this moment and to see. I was touched by your post very much. You have found something many others haven't. She has brought a great blessing into your life. And through you into others, including mine. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete