I think I tried to set aside a day last week to get "caught up." Never happened. Saturday brought a last minute trip to the lake with friends and today is a last minute trip (again) to the water park. Today's adventure is to catch up with one of my most precious friends and her kids, I am so excited! I will "catch up" a bit this morning and then (as usual) put it off to another time!
Making a meal plan last week was a huge success. Executing the meal plan last week was an epic failure. Two reasons:
- I had so many leftovers from entertaining the week before, it would have been down right wasteful not to use them and prepare all fresh meals.
- I did not understand the dynamics of my hubby's week. He is in the middle of a huge airplane part installation thingy that has him working in his hangar until at least midnight every day.
I am learning, but I don't want to give up on the plan just because it has gotten off to a rocky start! Here we are:
- MEXICAN MONDAY Turkey Taco Salad
- CROCK POT TUESDAY Chicken with tomatoes and corn over mashed potatoes I teach Bible Study Tuesday Nights, so simple is best. This week I will have to leave early because I have to take my mother and father in law to a doctor's appointment. We live 20 minutes out of town, so I will just stay after the appointment and hang out at church. This crock pot meal is a staple in our house and actually has several servings of veggies in it, so if there is no salad that is ok!
- SIMPLE WEDNESDAY Trader Joe's Chicken nuggets and fruit I am not an organized person. I am not a perfectionist either--I am a pragmatist, so being realistic about what can get accomplished is the best plan. Simple Wednesday's are likely to become a staple.
- PASTA THURSDAY Penne pasta with marinara, meatballs and salad
- BURGER FRIDAY NIGHTS Might not happen...depends on hubby's schedule.
- SATURDAY Fish Tacos I never made them last week, so I will try again. This is a family favorite. It would be nice to eat out on the front porch??
- SUNDAY Picnic at the beach. Summer is almost over. Maybe an afternoon trip to the beach and a picnic? That would be great fun!
As summer is winding down, I am feeling the need to clear out the past and gear up for the future! I hope to take several loads to the Goodwill this week and clean out some closets. The changing of the seasons always makes me want to..."get organized."