Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

What's For Dinner?


SOOOO...my house may not look exactly like this during the dinner hour this week. But, in my endless attempts to get organized, meal planning still seems like the next place I need to go.



I think I tried to set aside a day last week to get "caught up." Never happened. Saturday brought a last minute trip to the lake with friends and today is a last minute trip (again) to the water park. Today's adventure is to catch up with one of my most precious friends and her kids, I am so excited! I will "catch up" a bit this morning and then (as usual) put it off to another time!

Making  a meal plan last week was a huge success. Executing the meal plan last week was an epic failure. Two reasons:
  1. I had so many leftovers from entertaining the week before, it would have been down right wasteful not to use them and prepare all fresh meals.
  2. I did not understand the dynamics of my hubby's week. He is in the middle of a huge airplane part installation thingy that has him working in his hangar until at least midnight every day.

I am learning, but I don't want to give up on the plan just because it has gotten off to a rocky start! Here we are:

  • MEXICAN MONDAY  Turkey Taco Salad
  • CROCK POT TUESDAY  Chicken with tomatoes and corn over mashed potatoes   I teach Bible Study Tuesday Nights, so simple is best. This week I will have to leave early because I have to take my mother and father in law to a doctor's appointment. We live 20 minutes out of town, so I will just stay after the appointment and hang out at church. This crock pot meal is a staple in our house and actually has several servings of veggies in it, so if there is no salad that is ok!
  • SIMPLE WEDNESDAY   Trader Joe's Chicken nuggets and fruit   I am not an organized person. I am not a perfectionist either--I am a pragmatist, so being realistic about what can get accomplished is the best plan. Simple Wednesday's are likely to become a staple.
  • PASTA THURSDAY    Penne pasta with marinara, meatballs and salad
  • BURGER FRIDAY NIGHTS  Might not happen...depends on hubby's schedule.
  • SATURDAY   Fish Tacos    I never made them last week, so I will try again. This is a family favorite. It would be nice to eat out on the front porch??
  • SUNDAY   Picnic at the beach. Summer is almost over. Maybe an afternoon trip to the beach and a picnic? That would be great fun!

As summer is winding down, I am feeling the need to clear out the past and gear up for the future! I hope to take several loads to the Goodwill this week and clean out some closets. The changing of the seasons always makes me want to..."get organized."

No comments:

Post a Comment